Fossil Power Systems has experience in the design and commissioning
of hundreds of PLC and DCS based control systems worldwide. From plantwide
DCS projects to standalone ignitor control packages, we pride
ourselves on continually providing our customers with a superior
product. Our knowledge of boilers, as well as our proven product
lines, has allowed us to become one of the leading companies worldwide
in the supply of boiler controls and safety products.
Listed here are several recent projects which have been completed by Fossil Power Systems:
- Fossil completes commissioning of Unit 60 BMS Upgrade Project at the Consolidated Edison, East River Station
-Jan 11, 2007
- Canfor's Northwood Pulp and Paper Mill now has all boilers with Fossil Power BMS.
-June 20, 2006
- Progress Energy, Lee Power Plant, Unit # 2 BMS Upgrade
-May 4, 2006
- AEC Lowman Plant Ash Handling System Upgrade
-April 17, 2006
- Fossil completes Fly Ash system upgrade for Nova Scotia Power's Tufts Cove GS.
-January 17, 2006
- Successful completion of ignitors, gas valves and controls upgrade at Consolidated Edison of New York's East River plant.
-January 09, 2006
- Fossil assists Nova Scotia Power with new precipitator project at Tufts Cove GS.
-December 17, 2005
- Ignitor control system at American Electric Power (AEP) Mitchell Plant - Unit 2 complete.
-December 16, 2005
- Fossil provides flame scanners to Jamaica
-December 14, 2005
- Fossil completes a turnkey installation of BMS project for International Paper's Franklin Mill.
-November 16, 2005
- International Paper's Bucksport Mill is now capable of firing natural gas after Fossil completes a boiler conversion.
-October 21, 2005
- Fossil completes gas conversion and BMS upgrade of an auxiliary boiler at the NRG Middletown Power Station.
-September 30, 2005
- International Paper's Quinnesec Mill is benefiting from Fossil's BMS expertise.
-July 27, 2005
- Fossil completes BMS upgrade project for International Paper's Pensacola Mill.
-May 4, 2005
- Fossil completes final commissioning of the BMS/DCS controls and instrumentation at the 14 Wing Greenwood Central Heating Plant.
-April 13, 2005
- Eighty dual fuel horn ignitors were shipped to Ontario Power's Lennox plant.
-November 24, 2004
- Fossil has been awarded the Harbour Solutions SCADA System contract for the project to clean up Halifax Harbour.
-November 14, 2004
- Fossil ships ignition control equipment to AEP's Kammer Plant
-September 19, 2004
- Fossil has successfully completed revision of the control strategy configuration and boiler tuning at TransAlta Energy Corporation's Poplar Creek plant
-August 21, 2004
- Commissioning is complete on Fossil flame scanners at AEP Rockport.
-July 6, 2004
- Babcock & Wilcox, International Division, contracts ignition equipment for Indonesia
-January 13, 2004
- Cariboo Pulp (Quesnel, BC) has requested a BMS from Fossil
- Fossil Power Systems Inc. (FPS) is pleased to announce that we have been awarded the contract to supply the balance of the field instrumentation for the CFB Greenwood Steam Plant Project.
- FPS has been contracted to supply burner management systems, VIR VI flame scanners and gas ignitors for two Norske Canada plants.
- FPS has been awarded the contract to supply ignitors for a 1300 MW utility boiler at the American Electric Power (AEP) Rockport plant in Indiana.
- Fossil has been awarded the contract to supply the FPS designed and manufactured Retractable Oil Ignitors
-February 26, 2003
- A Fossil engineered DCS System for Nova Scotia Power's Tufts Cove plant
-September 19, 2002
- Fossil has been awarded the DCS Controls, Instrumentation and Valve Skids portion of the CFB Greenwood New Steam Plant project
-September 15, 2002
- Fossil Power Systems Inc. is pleased to announce the successful commissioning and startup of BC Hydro's Burrard GS Unit 6.
-March 29, 2002
- Fossil Power Systems Inc. is pleased to announce the successful installation and commissioning of forty Oil Horn Ignitors
-December 28, 2001
- Fossil Power Systems Inc. is pleased to announce the successful commissioning and startup of Ontario Power Generation's (OPG) Nanticoke GS Unit 5.
-December 7, 2001
- Fossil Power Systems Inc. is pleased to announce the successful commissioning and startup of Ontario Power Generation's Lakeview GS
-June 1, 2001