Fossil Power Systems Inc.
Fossil Power Systems Inc. (FPS) is a privately owned Canadian company that has been supplying system hardware/software and services to international customers for more than 30 years. By providing exceptional expertise and technical knowledge FPS has become a trusted world class leader in the supply of control solutions and instrumentation for electrical utilities, pulp and paper processing plants, and petro-chemical facilities. Our outstanding customer service and industry knowledge distinguish FPS as a leader in the industry. FPS is highly active in the research and development of new and existing products. A dedicated team of professionals is constantly working towards innovative solutions. This approach has allowed FPS to continually refine our product line, and develop new products as we focus on the future.
The Coordinator is responsible to work as part of a team to ensure products are shipped in a timely and accurate manner for the Company’s FPS Division. Using our SYSPRO business software, the Coordinator enters shipping and invoicing information and manages these processes from start to finish. This includes planning the most efficient mode of transport, working with our shop team to get products shipped on schedule, and paying close attention to shipping details and documentation to ensure products ship correctly.
Key responsibilities include:
Cross border and domestic shipping + invoicing including:
- Creation of Customs Invoice
- Creation of New-NAFTA Certificate (including specific tariff code look-up for material)
- Creation of Domestic and International Bill of Lading (Including Brokerage details)
- Creation of B-13 and FCC Documentation
Spare Parts & Repairs:
- Ship & Invoice spare part & repair orders
- Quote pricing for customers
- Provide backup coverage to Spare Parts coordinator: Quote and enter spare part orders
Contracts & Warranty:
- Create contract orders in SYSPRO for new orders
- Ship & Invoice contract orders (including progress payments)
- Maintain contact with customer to make sure warranty items are returned to FPS once replacements have been received
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience working with business accounting software
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines
- Experience with cross border shipping considered an asset
Halifax, Nova Scotia